MUSIC MONDAYS: THE STRUTS


I discovered this band after receiving an email from Pandora about must-hear emerging artists. They're unabashedly over the top, retro fetishist, classic rockers from England. Their lead singer Luke Spiller is a cross between Freddie Mercury, David Bowie, Mick Jagger and Robert Plant. (Spotify description)

I really love this band. I love their classic rock sound because I love Bowie and Queen, Bowie especially. They have such a fun, party vibe going on, but they also have slightly somber pieces on this album. Roll Up, Could Have Been Me, Mary Go Around, The Ol' Switcheroo, She Makes Me Feel, Young Stars, Black Swan, These Times Are Changing, and Where Did She Go are some of my favorite tracks. Basically, this whole album is amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's discuss!