A LOT OF MANGA

I read manga when I don't want to read, which is very often, and it's difficult to stop once I start gorging. I picked up mangas I dropped, discovered new gems, and am trudging through many for closure.


1. Killing My Sensei Softly (Sensei no Yasashii Koroshikata) by HANTEN Sharou

After school, Sensei tutors me in secret. My classmates think we have some sort of relationship, but they've got it all wrong. Sensei is a serial killer, and I am his apprentice. "Sensei, please teach me how to murder." A dark love unfolds between a serial killer Sensei and his devoted apprentice!

Starting this list off on a weird start. I don't remember how I found this manga, but it's refreshing because I read a lot of fantasy, fluff, romance, and shoujo. Almost every chapter is about finding a serial killer and murdering them. Some arcs are longer than others. The art is relatively simple/bland, and despite revolving around killing, it's not all the gory. DINER by KAWAI Takanori is still the goriest and most messed up mangas I've encountered. There is an age gap romance subplot, but it's not the romance where you're cheering them on to end up together. It's more so hoping the Sensei character reveals their past with the FL, their MO for killing, etc.



2. The Guy She Was Interested in Wasn't a Guy at All (Ki ni Natteru Hito ga Otoko Janakatta) by ARAI Sumiko

A popular Twitter shorts series depicting the love story between a gyaru and her classmate who she mistakes as a guy outside of school, bonding over their mutual love for rock music.

This is a webcomic, so it's not technically a manga. Regardless of what it is, it's gold! I've never read a Yuri story. I'm happy this series was the one to break my cherry. In addition to the change in genre, the art is also new to me. Instead of your typical black and white, the artist utilizes lime green. It's striking, distinctive, and pleasing to the eye. Who knew lime green could be so aesthetic? I love the designs of the characters. I am swooning for both their visuals and their relationship. So cute! Mitsuki is visually my type.



3. Choking on Love (Museru Kurai no Ai wo Ageru) by IWASHITA Keiko

The rude guy Hibari met at the ramen place turns out to be Gaku, a band member attending her art school. As she gets pushed around by him, her “normal” world begins to change drastically. A clashing love story between an exceptional musician and an aspiring designer is set to start!

The hot ML is the reason why I'm hooked. He looks like a TikTok E-Boy... Someone put me in jail. (Those who read all the recs I included will notice an ongoing trend of what genres I gravitate towards and my visual type in people.) I decided to read this after seeing an Instagram post recommending mangas WITHOUT slow-burn. As usual, the ML is active, and the FL has difficulty expressing her feelings/being completely honest. It's been a while since I read music or art-related mangas, so it's nice to get back to the genre. It has aspects that make me nostalgic for Nana. Rock music, goes to art school, and the fan-favorite bald/buzz-cute character. Yasu supremacy!



4. In the Clear Moonlit Dusk (Uruwashi no Yoi no Tsuki) by YAMAMORI Mika

Yoi Takiguchi has long legs, a deep voice, and a handsome face...in other words, Yoi is such a good-looking guy that most people don't notice or care that she is, in fact, a girl. Indeed, she's had the nickname "Prince" as long as she can remember. That is, until she met Ichimura-senpai...the only person who's really seemed to see her for herself. To her surprise, she's not sure how to handle this new relationship, especially when her newfound friend is a prince himself (and a guy prince, at that). The story of the two high school princes starts here.

My fellow Bi's and Pan's, rejoice! Yoi Takiguchi is adorable, awkward, quirky, and endearing. Oh, you sweet summer child. This isn't a spoiler because the summary and genre give it away: I love that love transcends gender. They don't care what gender their love interest is; they just like them for who they are. 



5. Sign of Affection (Yubisaki to Renren) by MORISHITA Suu

Yuki is a typical college student, whose world revolves around her friends, social media, and the latest sales. But when a chance encounter on a train leads to her meeting friend-of-a-friend and fellow student Itsuomi-san, her world starts to widen. But even though Itsuomi-kun can speak three languages, sign language isn't one of them. Can the two learn to communicate the budding feelings between them?

Yuki is the most precious bean. Please protect her at all costs. This was also on the list of romance without a slow burn. It's a little too fast-paced. Confessing quickly and other relationship milestones. I am dying to discover what Itsuomi's dream is/what his tattoo means. Stop teasing me! The cuteness of the story and my curiosity has me addicted. The sign language is educational. I didn't know that Japan had two types.



6. I Raised A Black Dragon by Dalseul (author) and Sottan (artist)

"Did you just imprint on me?!"

After dying from overwork, Noa ends up possessing the body of Eleanora, the villainess from a novel. Noa simply wants to lead a peaceful life and tries not to interfere with the original story. That is until a baby dragon that's meant to imprint with the heroine imprints with her instead...

ADORABLE dragon/toddler and sexy house husband ML. What more can you ask for?!

Have you read any of these mangas? If you've read all of them, we have similar tastes, so help a sister out and enable my addiction recommend more mangas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's discuss!