BARAKAMON

A lot of anime/manga content on the blog lately... Sorry to the six people who read my blog if you're not into this content. (If I don't share my new posts on social media, which I haven't been doing, I get six consistent views, so thank you to the loyal six.)
Barakamon is the cutest anime I have ever watched. 

The story follows Seishuu Handa, who is a calligrapher. After disgracing himself by PUNCHING an elderly man because he criticized his work, his father sends him to Goto Islands to reflect on his actions. At first, I didn't know how he would redeem himself after being a vile human being, but he does! Character development: we love that.

Goto is a rural island with a bunch of colorful characters. The lovely elderly people, the lively children, and the constantly unfazed village leader. My favorite character is Naru. Just look at her! 
She's so cute and hilarious. If you don't live, laugh, love when you see her, you are cold-hearted. 

I thought it would be weird having an adult calligrapher hang out with kids most of the time (it still is,) but it worked because he's incredibly childish. He never had a childhood, so he's a man-baby. Hanging out with these children allows him to live and have fun for once. He finds inspiration, enjoys life, learns to be a better person, and surrounds himself in a community.

Most of the plot is him playing with the children and struggling to create his masterpiece/submission for a calligraphy contest. The show illustrates his artist's block and frustration with himself. I think artists, not that I would know, would relate to him. Trying to create a piece that you don't hate. Worrying about how others will perceive it. Finding your own unique style. Doubting your ability and contemplating quitting. 

That being said, I think the anime also has a great message. Appreciate the little things in life and take a break every now and then. Recharging and enjoying life around you will help you produce your best work and make life a little more fulfilling. 

This is a fantastic anime to watch on a day you are free. There are only 12 episodes! (I only watched it because it's short.) I think it would be a great anime to watch in the winter because it's so sweet and funny. If you are down in the cold, this anime will warm your heart and bring some joy to your day. It sucks I watched this in potato quality.
Have you watched Barakamon? If you haven't, will you watch it now?
Comment below more anime recommendations, please!ヾ(๑╹◡╹)ノ" 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's discuss!