QUARANTINE MUSIC MONDAY

Hi everyone! I've been cross-stitching my biggest project to date, so I've been listening to a lot of music and watching videos to keep me entertained as I stitch. 

This, Howl's Moving Castle, is my current cross-stitch project, thus I have been listening to Studio Ghibli movie soundtracks. Joe Hisaishi is a fantastic composer! Not only is Princess Mononoke one of my favorite movies, but its music score is also amazing. Since we're on the topic of Studio Ghibli and we have time to watch the movies, I recommend these movies if you haven't watched them already: Princess Mononoke, Spirited Away, Howl's Moving Castle, and Whisper of the Heart. I'm aware I am missing some great titles, but these are titles I have rewatched/know for sure are great. 
-----------------------
Non-Ghibli Albums
 
My favorite Hot Pink songs are Rules, Say So, Like That, and Juicy. "Candy" from her Amala album too.
I have mixed feelings about this new DPR Live album. The storytelling is fantastic, but I don't see myself listening to one song repeatedly. I enjoy his other works more because I can pick one, and enjoy it on its own; his new songs are all inter-connected. It's like you want to use your headphones, but one side is too tangled to use both. The only way is the undo all the knots/listen to the album in its entirety. I find this to be both a negative and a positive: this album forces people to listen to it in its entirety, not just its singles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's discuss!