QUARANTINE 2 | WHAT I AM READING & BOOK HAUL

Hello everybody! How are you? I hope you are well. I'm not gonna repeat all the descriptions and instructions people have written and said. I want y'all to know I moved my desk chair somewhere, so I am sitting on top of a trashcan while typing this post on my desk. All about them cold openings here on my blog!


Book Depository had an event where people who receive a golden bookmark in their order(s) are given a years-worth of books. I have recently cleaned my bookshelf and said I want to get rid of books, but I want that one year of books! I placed an order and stalked my mailbox for weeks. If Aliexpress can give a tracking code, Book Depository should too... Also, if anyone is interested in buying books, let me know. Do you sell your books? Where? How?

I ordered Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World and The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami. His books have been hit or miss for me, mostly because they are really out there, and I have a peanut brain. I have always enjoyed his short stories. If you want to read/get into Murakami, his short stories ar the way to go. I think this is the same advice my freshman English teacher, whom I adore, gave me. Thirdly, I ordered Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier. This is my favorite "Classic" ever, so I want to reread it and see if I still love it. 
I am currently rereading Oedipus Rex/Tyrannus for my Classics class. This is the second Greek tragedy I've read for the class, so I was a bit bored as they're formulaic. I am currently reading/rereading Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov for my English class. I have watched the film with Jeremy Irons, part of the Kubrik adaptation, and read half of the novel before. I had to stop halfway through because I was too repulsed. I'm concerned with how one of my classmates is going to deal with the subject matter because she refused to curse when she was reading a text aloud. Also, it baffles me that some people have not heard of the book/are not aware of the subject matter. I don't mean to be rude, but have they been living under a rock? Have they not listened to Lana Del Rey?! Kidding... Something I found out in my Music class last semester killed me: virtually no one knew the plot of Pride and Prejudice. I hate my classmates. Livid. Gagged. Gooped.

What's everyone reading? Buy any books lately? Or too busy playing the new Animal Crossing game? 

2 comments:

  1. Good post! Also, I laughed at your Lana Del Rey comment because I totally make that connection to her too. I feel like for being such an amazing classic Pride and Prejudice is starting to be painfully under-appreciated.
    x

    https://bookstune.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really disappointed that it's under-appreciated. I hope more high school English classes use it as part of the curriculum. Thanks for visiting Chelsea!

      Delete

Let's discuss!