I HAVE A TYPE | OOF, THIS MANHWA WAS GREAT

 

A Business Proposal 

Illustrator: Narak

Author: Perilla &p Haehwa

    Ha-ri made a deal—go on one blind date for her BFF and pretend to be a super-vixen to end all of her unwanted marriage set-ups! Unfortunately, instead of easy money, Ha-ri’s got a headache. Her date is Taemu, her company’s hot new CEO, and he’s got his own plans to get his family to back off by marrying whoever shows up on the date. Should Ha-ri accept his proposal to keep playing pretend? Nothing could go wrong with lying about your real identity while dating the boss... right??

In true Vivien fashion, I am back with a manhwa review. I read books while I was away, too. Check my book haul + review post to see the other terrible things I've read. 

I saw this post that piqued my interest in the manhwa. 

My friend once mentioned this manhwa and drama in the past, so it's in my consciousness. I decided to not read it back then because I wasn't interested. Boy, that was stupid. 

The story is hilarious. I was dying of laughter the first 20 or so chapters. You'll still laugh down the line, but I don't think I laughed as hard towards the end as I did in the beginning.

The plot does get a little irritating due to the sheer lack of ✨communication✨and honesty/the bravery to be honest. Expect a lot of romantic drama. Some friendship drama, but nothing too catastrophic, because the female lead essentially has not other friends... 

The cast of characters are great to look at visually, but they are either too perfect or don't have much going on for them except their relationships.

The female lead, Ha-Ri Shin, is incredibly selfless and hardworking. She's been reliable and selfless since she was a child; a practical saint. Because her parents are busy, she takes care of her little brother. Because her parents are not that financially well off, she doesn't go to cram school went to a college that gave her a scholarship, took out a loan from her company to help her parents' fried chicken shop, and works in said chicken shop IN ADDITION to her office job, which we don't really see what she actually does there. She's cute, funny, etc., but nothing exceptional, which sounds harsh. 

The male lead, Tae-Moo Kang, is too perfect. Sure, he's a workaholic and unreasonable, but he's rich, good-looking, cooks well/is domestic, and absolutely adores his partner. He's perfect and unrealistic. Also, not much depth. 

The leads' friends, are also rather bland. Sung-Hoon Cha is the ML's secretary and is a cute, cheery type. He's great at his job and equally domestically capable. Young-Seo Jin is the heir to a business conglomerate, the FL's best friend, and Cha's love interest. In what world does a normal (middle-class) person befriend a down-to-earth heiress?! I'm asking because I want to be that normal person.

There's also the grandpa who is hilarious, albeit annoying at times. He's traditional, and those traditional values are weaved throughout the story.

There's no real plot, just romance. The "plot" is seeing the two leads fall in love and get married. There are some "obstacles" like misunderstandings and love interests, typical, but true love or fate always finds a way.

Despite all the cliches and the on-paper bland characters, I enjoyed the story because it's cute and light. I happily binged this series because the art is beautiful.

This is what I meant by I have a specific type when it comes to 2D men: dark hair with dark eyebrows. He's just a sight for sore eyes. He looks cold, but is warm. So sexy, LMAO! The FL's younger brother is pretty nice to look at, too.

If you want to spend your weekend reading something light and entertaining, definitely read this manhwa (it;s completed.) I probably won't watch the drama because K-Dramas/watching TV isn't really my thing, but the same friend I mentioned earlier in this post enjoys it, so that's also worth a try.

1 comment:

Let's discuss!