MUSIC MONDAYS

After that K-pop filled Music Monday, I needed to listen to music with non-Korean lyrics. I cleared my Youtube watch history, and it recommended weird music, which I am thankful for because I found some gems, but also scarred... 

Justin Park's voice is so clean and smooth. I love the beats and the vibes; he has music you can easily enjoy. I also like his song Water, but I can't find a Youtube video of it anywhere; I kept hearing September by Earth, Wind & Fire in it. 
Banks, aka my favorite singer, released a new single. I've been dying for new music from her. Like Fuck With Myself from her second album, The Altar, I loved this single, and I am excited to listen to her third album. I turned my notifications on for this song, and I was screaming in my BC Calculus class when it came out. I was blasting it in my earphones, and repeating: "this shit fucking slaps!" Banks never disappoints; I've been listening to this on repeat an unhealthy amount.

I have traded Korean for French, mostly because I'm focusing on learning French and listening to music helps. Sale Chienne by Chilla was my introduction to French rap; it also exposed me to funky, native French speaker grammar! Her new song, Dans Le Movie #1... I love the energy and flow of it, but it has these sounds I hate listening to in rap music. If I have to hear brrrBrrr in another song... And the braids are kind of problematic(?)

I stumbled onto Vampire by chance. It was this summery, fun, tropical vibe that I adore. 

4 comments:

  1. Goodness these make me feel old, I haven't heard of any of these artists and I'm still bopping along to Beyonce and Drake. I've been listening to a lot more chilled, lounge music lately and old indie artists like Jeff Buckley, who I absolutely love. I really need to update my iPod with some new playlists so will be checking these out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beyonce is also great. Oldie but goldie Jeff Buckley. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. My favorite french artist is Indila, but there's a artist on youtube Sara'h who does awesome french covers!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo, I'll listen to them soon. Thanks for the recs!

      Delete

Let's discuss!