Apprentice Review

My first order of business is to tell you:
-The First book is $0.99 (kindle) on Amazon
-Romance that may piss you off, the author personally warned me about this. The gif below summarizes the relationships.



Apprentice (Black Mage #2)
by Rachel E. Carter
Read: eARC
Publishing: Astrea Press 2/17/15

          She survived a trial year at the Academy, but that was just the easy part…
          Now sixteen-year-old Ryiah is an apprentice in Combat, her school’s most notorious faction of magic. When she finishes she will be a mage, but in order to do so she has to survive four years with a training master she hates and her old nemesis, Priscilla. To make matters worse the unwanted attraction Ry feels for her sometimes-friend-sometimes-rival Prince Darren is at an all time high –even though he is betrothed to the very girl she can’t stand.
          Really, the only bright spot to Ryiah’s new life is the time she spends with her friends, including an older apprentice named Ian, who she finds herself thinking about quite often.
          Just when things start to get comfortable they take a turn for the worse. An apprentice is killed in a rebel attack and several mages end up dead. Unwittingly, the apprentices find themselves in the midst of a budding unrest between Jerar and its northern neighbor, Caltoth. For Ryiah the impending conflict means many things, but as her apprenticeship draws to a close she finds her biggest problem at home.
          Unfortunately for her, Darren’s not going anywhere.


           Loved this book very much. The author is such a great person and friend. She connects with all her readers & reviewers. 
So cute! I wish them the best.

          I'm not a big fan of the relationships in this book because, SHE CHOSE WRONG! If she picked him, instead of him. Stuff wouldn't be awkward. The action and magic was AWESOME! This book is fast paced and full of action. Fantasy lovers, Magic lovers, Romance lover, Book Nerd, etc. will gobble this series up. 
          I never wanted to stop reading this book. I really wanted to know the ending and what was going to happen. I wish that the whole setting was developed more. The characters traveled to a bunch of places and it focused on training and the rooms. 
          I learned more about my favorite characters. Even though the chick is badass, she still can be an annoying little bitch. The hot, awesome, powerful, hot, cool, hot prince can be a: dick, jerk, annoying, pussy. Love him, but he got on my nerves. JUST MAKE A DAMN DECISION! Do you want her? Are you going to be loving or distant? Pick one and don't go back.
          The ending tied everything together. This is such a happy ending, that I don't want to read the next book. The author told me I have to prepare my funeral garbs... I can't...can I get the Ryren moment to go. That's all I need! No death, PLEASE! The Candidacy would also be a moment I want to read, so..... ;-)
OMG! Richard did that to Jeff and I nearly died. Too funny!

1 comment:

  1. Hahah the acknowledgement is so cute!! :D
    Wow, it's so good that the author keep in touch with readers and very friendly too!
    Thank you the warning about the romance. xD
    Azee @ UnderCover Critique

    ReplyDelete

Let's discuss!