ALL THE ANIME I WATCHED THIS SUMMER

WOLF GIRL AND BLACK PRINCE

I tried watching this anime before but stopped because it was too cringe. I felt the same when I watched it again. I powered through, and I still do not like it. Everyone talks about this character's marvelous character transformation, but that's most evident in the manga, and I don't want to read it. Neither the art nor the story stood out to me. 

KOIKIMO

This came up in my suggestions after watching Wolf Girl and Black Prince/searched Takane & Hana. The relationship is questionable because the male lead (27) is ten years older than the female high-school lead (17). The male lead's pursuit is sexual harassment. The art (specifically the proportion of their faces) was weird. What kept me watching? I thought the anime had its comedic moments. For example, when the leads were in a cafe discussing White Day plans, a bystander's attitude completely changes after seeing the male lead gaze softly at her. Lastly, that opening song is fire.

HORIMIYA

This is the cutest shoujo anime I've watched. I ship them so hard! I like the art, characters, relationships/interactions, story, and humor. It's been a while since I've watched it, so I don't remember everything. It's a short anime, only 11 episodes, which I like. Multiple seasons, too many episodes, and lengthy episodes really turn me off. Concise is nice. I may read the manga because I want to see what their life is like after high school and albeit a great anime ending, I want more. 

MOB PSYCHO 100

I watched this in the dub, and I think the dub is superior to the sub... ONLY in very few instances do I feel this way. Subs all the way! I love the humor and the animation is great. There aren't many episodes. It's fast-paced. If you like dumb-looking, over-powered characters/One Punch Man, you'll love Mob Psycho. This is great to watch while you wait for OPM season 3.

KAICHOU WA MAID SAMA (AGAIN)

I'm not sure how many times I've rewatched this anime or reread the manga, but I know this: the series holds up. The relationship isn't too problematic, the romance is uwu-inducing, and it's funny! This is one of my comfort animes.

DANCE WITH DEVILS

Yikes. That's it. I don't want to talk about why I watched (all of it) it, but I did. I was surprised it was a musical, which added to its cringe factor. This is the best thing from the anime: a chorus of Pomeranians. YES, THEY SING!!!! Skip the whole anime and just listen to them sing. 

HOLMES OF KYOTO

Not my favorite either... I did not enjoy the art, romance, or story. I did learn a lot about Japanese art, though!

COWBOY BEBOP

I'm trying to watch all the classic animes. I enjoyed aspects of it, but I felt really meh about it. I loathe Faye. I will have to rewatch it sometime in the future. The art and style are distinct. The series definitely could have been shortened. They're repetitive and unsatisfying for me. I want to see progress and clear results. They weren't a build-up for the final arc either. It felt like a bunch of filler. 

TATAMI GALAXY

If I railed on Cowboy Bebop for being repetitive, I need to rip this to shreds. ALL of the episodes are the same. The audio goes a mile a minute and tests my subtitle reading abilities (I'm super slow!) I have to give props for remixing the same plot in different universes and maintaining the level of absurdity. I prefer Night is Short, Walk on Girl WAYYYY more. It was nice to see the characters from the movie in the show (it's actually the other way around, but since I watched the movie first, I phrase it this way.)  

As my sister says: "You're a weab." What has everyone been watching? Recommend animes in the comment below. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's discuss!