MUSIC MONDAY

Long time no see/read. Where have I been? Online summer school to learn Chinese. How am I doing? I want to drop out. Here's some new music.

Everyone who has read my past Music Monday posts knows that I am basically a SIMP for Banks (as in Hernameisbanks/Jillian Banks and not the crusty person of the same name.)  I've been waiting for new music from Banks after III (her last album and all the teasers on her social media.) At first, I was bored because it's not something new. After listening to it a million more times, it's everything I enjoy and expect from her. The interesting and hypnotic beats. The whispering, spoken-word chorus. It's another catchy bop.


I'm a huge EXO fan and "Don't Fight the Feeling" is my song for the summer. It's so upbeat and mood-lifting. As always, the vocals, visuals, and choreography are superb. Love seeing Xiumin and D.O. again. One of the best things is Lay's vocals are featured and they even photoshopped him in. Paradise also rivals for the song of the summer title. 


I've been pretending I'm at an 80s club in my room. What's Your Pleasure has become one of my favorite albums. To paraphrase what people are saying, "Now this is Future Nostalgia." Spotlight, Ooh La La, Soul Control, Read My Lips, and Remember Where You Are are some of my favorite tracks on the album. 

MÃ¥neskin. That's it. Beggin', I Wanna Be Your Slave, Zitte E Buoni, and Coraline have been on repeat.

Last, but not least. So far, I've enjoyed these two songs from The Neighbourhood's Chip Chrome & The Mono-Tones album. It reminds me of Bowie. 

Here's what I've been listening to these days. What about you guys?
(I'll be listening to the rest of Chip Chrome & The Mono-Tones soon)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's discuss!