MY READING RESOLUTIONS UPDATE

After blazing through my 12-book reading challenge, I have slowed down. In my reading resolutions post, I sought to read 11-12 titles that have been sitting idly on my TBR. I am pleased to say that I have read 10/12 books in four months, 9 of which were included in the list; I have also written reviews for some titles, so keep an eye out! Whenever I make reading resolutions, I don't keep to it—no one does, so I don't feel guilty about it. I'm feeling really proud of myself, and I want to toot my own horn. 
Side story: my friend's AB Calc teacher made a packet and included a picture of LOG Lady. He said her name is Ellen, like ln (natural logarithm,) which made my blood boil. Apparently, no one my age has watched Twin Peaks...

The books I still need to read are The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini, The Song of Achilles, and/or Circe by Madeline Miller.

I have looked high and low for these titles in my library but to no avail. I saw The Song of Achilles in my school's library, but I am hesitant to borrow books there after being wrongfully charged a late fee: they didn't check in my book after I returned it! The Kite Runner has been eluding me, creating even higher expectations. Luckily, I found it. The extra book I read was The Wicked King by Holly Black, which I have mixed feelings towards. I was enraged, but I have to admit it has a compelling plot, character development, unexpected twists, and an addictive romance. I devoured the book in a sitting and flung it at the wall. I finished Summer Bird Blue, which I absolutely loved. It blew me away and surpassed my high expectations. I loved it as much as Starfish. Do you guys want a review of it? Let me know.

How's your reading challenge going? Which book has been your favorite? 

5 comments:

  1. Well done for getting through your reading challenge so quick! I definitely want to read The Song of Achilles too- I've heard it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm trying to do more than one reading challenge this year, so far it's going pretty well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to see a review if you had the time! I'm always looking for new recommendations and it sounds as though you really enjoyed it. Congratulations on your challenge! That's amazing! I'm plodding along this year and it's taking a lot longer to get through books, you've inspired me to push on and keep going, I might just find my next favourite read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep up the amazing work and I hope you find new favorites this year!

      Delete

Let's discuss!