THE BOOKWORM BOX REVIEW

Some time ago, Colleen Hoover posted something on her social media that said she wanted book bloggers/reviewers/book box openers. I followed the directions and I was fortunate enough to receive the April box for review. Crappy Instagram photo, that I took on my phone, of what I received

The Bookworm Box is a monthly subscription box created by Colleen Hoover. All profits are donated to charities and you can suggest charities, as long as they fit the criteria. In the box, you will find two SIGNED books and some goodies. All this at a price of $39.99.

I was on pins and needles for this box. My friends got to witness my excitement when I got accepted. When I received it, I was ecstatic. My first impression was it's not super luxe, but it's colorful, cute and it makes me smile.

I received Honesty by Seth King and Midnight Lily by Mia Sheridan. These books aren't something I would pick up. Seth King is completely new to me and I'm on the fence with his book. It sounds interesting, but my go-to reviewers have not said anything about it. Midnight Lily is the same for me. However, I have read Archer's Voice by Mia Sheridan and did not like it, did not like it is an understatement. So, the book selection is a bit of a flop for me. 

Along with the books, I received: 2 bookmarks, a pen, a car charger adapter thing, a small shhh...I'm reading pin, and a small rectangular magnet. These are very practical items, but they're not exactly eye catching. Other subscription boxes have cute bits and bobs. These bits and bobs are practical but have a pop to it. This box was a bit old/hand me down-ish. I want more. 

I was that little boy that got an avocado for Christmas. 
Box rating: 3.25

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's discuss!