World After Review


World After (Penryn & the End of Days)
by Susan Ee
Publishing: Skyscrape in January 1, 2013
          When a group of people capture Penryn's sister Paige, thinking she's a monster, the situation ends in a massacre. Paige disappears. Humans are terrified. Mom is heartbroken.
          Penryn drives through the streets of San Francisco looking for Paige. Why are the streets so empty? Where is everybody? Her search leads her into the heart of the angels' secret plans where she catches a glimpse of their motivations, and learns the horrifying extent to which the angels are willing to go.
          Meanwhile, Raffe hunts for his wings. Without them, he can't rejoin the angels, can't take his rightful place as one of their leaders. When faced with recapturing his wings or helping Penryn survive, which will he choose?
            I really liked this book. I am DEFINITELY recommending this to my fellow book nerds. This book is a blend of everything. There's tragedy, romance, action, and the apocalypse! Even though this is a YA book, I feel like it was trying to convey a message...           The book takes place in San Francisco/the California area. The previous book talks about how Cali used to be this booming place that was making all sorts of technological advances. It was filled with business moguls. Everyone used technology and it lead to everyone's doom.
           But, if you read this book, you know that it's not technology's fault. When is it ever? IT'S THE ANGEL'S FAULT!
           Anyway, I really liked this book. The setting of a post-apocalyptic wasteland was developed really well. Readers can almost see the destruction in their heads. The whole system/way of survival was very interesting. People were able to adapt, ish.., to all this destruction. The stuff humans are doing is very creative. I would never have thought that up.
           I REALLY dislike Penryn's mother. I get that she's not okay in the head, but she's a terrible mother. Sure, she has her moments one moment. But, she's really not a good mother. She only cared about one daughter and neglected the other. What she did during this neglecting time was not okay to say. SHE'S YOUR DAUGHTER. Your job as a mother means that you have to protect your kids. They should not be protecting you and your other daughter!
           Penryn...IS FREAKIN' AWESOME. She's such a bad-ass packed into this small package. She can mess you up! Life goals... She's incredibly strong: physically, emotionally, mentally. She has so much determination. SHE HAS NERVES OF STEEL! If I was her, I would be so scared and be crapping my pants.
           Raffe...I still can't spell your name. I don't even know if I spelled it right and I'm too lazy to check. He's a great guy. He reminds me of A LOT book boyfriends. He has almost the whole package. I really want him to be with Penryn and that's just all I will say about him.
           The story is super interesting. I love where it's going and I hope it keeps going up. I'm really intrigued to where this is going to goal. The next book:

1 comment:

Let's discuss!