2021 WRAP UP IN 2022

I sought out to read 20 books in 2021, and I sorta accomplished this goal.

I read A LOT of manga. Reading manga is an excellent way to reach your reading goals if you don't already know. They're usually pretty short/a fast read because there are a lot of pictures. 

I started off reading Nana in May, and I am still WRECKED! My challenge only includes 4, but I read the entire series. Highly recommend. My post READING AND WATCHING NANA + "SPOILER"

I then reread/picked off where I left off on Takane and Hana in June. I would not recommend it if you don't like age-gap (I read a lot of that for some reason... yikes!) The comedy and absurdity are outstanding. I liked this series so much that I pre-ordered the special edition of the finale. No regrets; it was super cute. It's now the only manga copy I own.

I then started Jujutsu Kaisen in September after watching the anime. I prefer the art style of the anime. Sometimes I had trouble comprehending/reading the story (illustrations and text), but that may just be because I'm dumb. Awesome series, nonetheless. I love the New York Public Library for having ebooks of this manga. I need to get a Jump subscription to read the rest soon. If you don't want to wait for the physical copies, you can read all the latest chapters on Jump!

Towards the end of the year, I really popped off on the manga/manhwa/webtoons. I'm up to date with Totem Realm (don't judge) and Under the Oak Tree. If you have a Manta subscription, I also recommend My Super-Granny by Yijae Yoon. Here's my Goodreads review: My face is red from silently ugly crying in my room at night. So, watch out for that! I'm not telling y'all what else I'm reading on Manta...

I started Hayaku Shitai Futari: 2.75/5 series (so far), but it has some great comedic moments; I'm debating dropping the series. Kono Kyoushi, Zettai Wazato: 4/5 so far, another age-gap, student-teacher, HILARIOUS. Reread/picked up Tsuiraku JK to Haijin Kyoushi: 3.75/5 another age-hap, also student-teacher, dark, I want it to be shorter/cut to the chase after revealing the backstory because I don't know where else it can go. I don't think I logged this into the challenge, but I finished Shinobi Quartet, which I would give a 3.5/5. 

I dabbled in audiobooks, again. As per usual, I disliked the experience. Disliked most EXCEPT The Grace Year, which I think is my best read of 2021. You can read my review here. Sad I didn't enjoy These Violent Delights.

I read outside my typical genres by reading a collection of short stories, art books, cookbooks, and poetry. I read classics like the Iliad... never doing that again. I should have learned/known from my experience translating the Aeneid. 

Lastly, I will probably stop reading Haruki Murakami for a while.

I'm STILL currently reading Emma. It's been like 3-4 months since I started. I'm starting to enjoy it more than before. I'm beginning to appreciate how Austen crafted the characters.

Lastly, I don't know whether or not I will be updating in the next year. I'm applying to study abroad... But with Miss Corona, I might have to opt for graduating early. I'm not sure what I want to do in the future and feel quite lost. 

I hope you and your family are in good health. Happy New Year, and thank you for reading my blog. 

Here's an explanation if you didn't catch my obscure reference. 

UwU

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let's discuss!