CoHo Book Binge: First

Never Never Part 1 & 2 by Colleen Hoover & Tarryn Fisher
Publish Dates: January 7, 2015 & May 17, 2015
I went into this series with absolutely no knowledge whatsoever (Just like Silas and Charlie.) I'm sorry. Throughout this review, I'll be referencing the book. I thought the series was completed, but now I have to wait until January 26, 2016 for the final installment. I'm so smart sometimes... So hangry with myself.

The series revolves around two characters because this is a Colleen Hoover book. I'm not complaining; I love the dual point of view! Silas and Charlie are in love with each other, but they forget almost everything every 2 days. Every time they forget, they relearn everything and fall in love once again, while solving every mystery that comes their way.

I started this series very confused. I was reading the first page and couldn't decide the character's gender and occupation. I felt really stupid, so I reread it and continued. I am so happy that I continued with the book/series.

The story unfolded in the most interesting way, It was super intriguing, mysterious, nail-biting, edge of your seat kind of thing. I really wanted to know what happened to Charlie in the past and why they're not remembering things. I honestly have no clue why it's happening and it's irritating my plot-teller streak. But, I'm kind of happy that it's not predictable.

I usually hate reading books by two authors because I read books by co-authors and their style was too different and it caused this discordance. But, CoHo and Tarryn Fisher's writing style blended seamlessly. They both carried the eerie tone. It complemented each other and you couldn't tell that two authors wrote a book together.

Characters. Well there's the jock, there's the main bitch, there's cheating, sometimes with the guidance counselor, bullying, backstabbing besties, a bit of slut shaming, a lot of self-loathing. You know, typical, faux high school drama. Great... That's probably the only aspect that I didn't like about this book. The high school drama was just drama and super fake. 

I have to say that I enjoyed the first book a lot more than the second book. I didn't know where the second book was going and thought the events in it were just there for the sake of being there. It wasn't as compelling as the first book.

1 comment:

  1. I have heard about the suspence in this, and the cliffhangers, are quite intense. I am definitely waiting until all the books are out before I even try to read the first one. ;)

    Cucie @ Cucie Reads

    ReplyDelete

Let's discuss!