WHAT I'M CURRENTLY READING/TBR

I went to the library and made the mistake of borrowing only Classics. I borrowed Breakfast at Tiffany's by Truman Capote and I finished it. My sister liked the book and I enjoyed the movie, so I decided to pick the book up. It wasn't my favorite... I wasn't enraptured by the writing, story, nor characters. The book filled the gaps the movie left, but the difference between the two is shocking. I wasn't a fan of Holly. I thought she droned on for hours in the most snobby way. Not really my cup of tea.

The other book I picked up is Rebecca by Daphne Du Maurier. This is my second time with this book. I read bits of it a while back, but I stopped to revisit it at another date, which was such a GREAT decision! I'm enjoying it so much more this time around. The writing is absolutely beautiful. I have a whole new appreciation for the introduction. It was so vivid and has this sense of longing. The unnamed narrator makes me feel so empty. It would be so fulfilling to know her name because it's been driving me up the wall. I'm so fixated on it! I think it might be Daphne or Bathsheba (the latter is TOTALLY because of Far from the Madding Crowd.)

The last book I picked up from the library is Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. I picked this up on sheer whim. I'm somewhat going into this book blind. While I searched up the spelling, I saw a brief summary about it and I am piqued. Hopefully I'll get to this soon because I'm lagging behind with Rebecca.

The other book I'm currently reading is... Wintersong! OMG... I received an eARC of it and I have been TAKING MY TIME with it. I've gone back and forth between this and whatever else I'm reading. Now you're thinking, "Do you have trouble getting back into the story?" NO! The writing is so nice, beautiful and liquid. I'm enjoying the twist on Labyrinth IMMENSELY. I am quite pleased with it.

I bought Six of Crows yesterday at Costco for $11.99 (mentioning that because it's such a steal for a huge book). I'm so excited to see what the hype is about. Hopefully I'll go back to Costco next week to pick up the next book or The Midnight Star
What are you currently reading and what's on your TBR shelf? Comment below, I'd love to know! Also, it would mean a lot if you followed me on Twitter, Insta and Facebook. (was that too desperate?)

No comments:

Post a Comment