BOOK WRITING

I would totally appreciate your thoughts on these ideas and name suggestions. It would mean the world to me if you shared some writing tips. I would love to try writing a book. When I do write it, I will most definitely notify you and direct you to a place to read and review. Just comment below, THANKS <3.

During the school year, I had multiple book ideas. I had this Salem witch trials meets Nightmare on Elm Street idea and I had this revamped version of The Mortal Instruments (there will be more mythology and less Jace). I also have this "tribute" to Stolen with hints/themes of Lewis Carroll, lol. (Secunda is Gemma and there are other girls kidnapped).

I told my friends about the first idea and we were brainstorming the plot and thinking ahead about the book over lunch. They had this notion that it'll be a bestseller and I'll have lines of readers waiting for me to sign their books, which I think is adorable and hilarious. They also imagined it as a movie franchise. Their excitement encouraged me to write, but I know I'll encounter the same road blocks when I write (blog posts, essays and books alike). 

Like:
~What's going to be my writing style?
~What will their names be? (I can't pick names for my life. My other friend and I spent 2 hours picking names. We picked basic, overused, or pretentious names for HOURS).
~How will I start it? (this one is always a challenf because first impressions mean a lot to me).
~What's going to happen?

I tried writing my first book, but never completed it because I had total writer's block and I didn't know where it was going. It had a shitty concept and poor development. I cringe while reading it. It's SO BAD! IT MAKES ME SO ASHAMED.

Formatting and organization is important to me. If everything is organized in the beginning, comprehension will be easy. I get caught up in that instead of developing style, and the plot, which is bad.

I also doubt myself. There are so many people in the book community, specifically the booktube community, that are writing books. Everyone is doing it and they're probably doing it better than me. So, I give up because I know I'll never be good as them/have the amount of support they have. You're probably thinking "Quality totally beats support." But, having support makes your book popular. (A booktuber recently came out with a book and everyone was going bat shit insane over it. They didn't care about the price, they just wanted to support their favorite Booktuber). In the end, it's just a popularity contest. Pessimistic and cynical, but true nonetheless.

I would totally appreciate your thoughts on these ideas and name suggestions. It would mean the world to me if you shared some writing tips. I would love to try writing a book. When I do write it, I will most definitely notify you and direct you to a place to read and review. Just comment below.

1 comment:

  1. Book writing! I've always tried to write before, but I've encountered the exact same problems... for names, I guess it really depends on the genre you're trying to write. I usually go on Nameberry, but since my story is in a Medieval-ish setting, I found this to be helpful:
    http://www.infernaldreams.com/names/Europe/Medieval/England.htm
    Usually when I try to write, I always come up with a paragraph or two and think, 'man, this is awful' so I re-read what I have so far 301948103 times... and then spend more time picking out really tiny details no one cares about, rather than writing the actual book. I know everyone says this, but I guess you just have to write on days you have writer's block and even if the story sounds bad. Also, usually if I try writing on Wattpad or Fictionpress and can't come up with anything decent, I ALWAYS get caught up with everything else distracting on my computer, so I use a random text editor instead. It's always so hard to think of a good, solid plot though and I don't get how authors can write 90 000 words, while I'm struggling to write even a sentence :/
    Anyways, good luck! Link when it's up! :)

    ReplyDelete