*prays for patience when editing these horrid posts*

I'm reading a couple books and making 0 progress.
Lord of the Flies by William Golding is on top of the list
I don't know why it's taking me ages to finish this book. It's a classic and loved by all. Is it because people spoiled it for me? Is it because kids were in charge? Is it the language? Probably the language. I really enjoyed how Golding described the island, it seemed like paradise. I guess it was the kids that bothered me.

Oblivion (Kindle Edition) by JLA

This is probably one of my favorite series ever. I loved the story in Katy's POV, the concept and Daemon, so Oblivion was up my alley. Reading Obsidian in Daemon's POV made me fangirl and reminisce. Even if the writing was crap, I would still love it. Reading the physical copy wasn't enough, so I purchased the kindle edition and I kind of regret it. Onyx was great. It was cute and pretty calm, but Opal killed me a little. I had to gloss over the pages because I was bored. I got tired of Daemon, which seems kind of impossible, but it totally is.

Inside the O'Briens by Lisa Genova
 I had to pick a couple of books that I may want to read, so that the publisher can send it to me, after I did a survey. I made a mistake by picking a book I didn't have an extreme want to read. I haven't visited this book in ages. I know some medical conditions take time to surface/reveal itself, that's pretty much how the book happens. It's incredibly slow because it's developing the family and making sure you get to know how it ticks. It's a bit tedious.

Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami
This was a gift from my sister and I cannot thank her enough. I am loving this book. The magical realism at this point is really subtle and it's building. I love the writing, the character, EVERYTHING. I love this book so much, so I purchased 1Q84 before finishing this book. How does this tie in? Well, I love the writing style and everything, so I put Murakami on my new favorite author pedestal.

What are you reading?

2 comments:

  1. I've never read Lord of the Flies but I've heard it's great! I also want to hurry up and read the Lux series by JLA. I loved Obsidian!
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Lux series is great. It has some cliche YA elements, but overall, it's entertaining and original

    ReplyDelete