Movie Review: The D.U.F.F.

Release Date: February 20, 2015
Director: Ari Sandel
Genre: Romantic Comedy


     I really liked this movie. It's a great book to movie adaptation. I haven't read The D.U.F.F., but I will now.
     The movie was really funny and a bit ridiculous, but it was realistic. It really understands teens and what they go through. Teens are self-conscious and they're going though all kinda of shit: insecurities, depression, finding your identity, etc. It's a confusing time and it's already a terrible experience.
     I loved Bianca, the protagonist, she was so weird and out there. She and I are both ridiculous and a bit over-confident. She may seem like she doesn't give a flying fuck, but something jolts her and then she become insecure. I really related with her and I sympathized for her.
     This movie really focuses on friendship-yay friendship! It's a "magical" thing-, high school labels, and just being yourself.
     The movie also focuses a lot on romance and sexual stuff. My mom was in the background when I watched this and it was pretty uncomfortable.
     After watching this movie, I have even more mixed feeling about High School. I'm terrified.

1 comment:

  1. I've yet to watch this movie! I hope it's as good as the book. I'm sure that version of high school is at least a bit exaggerated! :)

    By the way, congrats, because I nominated you for a blogging award! Check out this pots for the rules :D http://thearaliyabookshelf.blogspot.com/2015/08/the-book-fangirling-blog-award.html

    ReplyDelete