Since Drew by J. Nathan Review



Since Drew by J. Nathan
Read: Kindle ARC from Netgalley
Expected Publication: April 23, 2015
          All Andi Parker has ever wanted, all she’s ever dreamed of, is a spot on the Olympic track team. But when an accident leaves her hospitalized with serious injuries and shattered dreams, she’s not only uncertain what her future holds but also completely alone.

          Drew Slater is a wanted man. Professional football teams want him for his arm. Women want him for his good looks and magnetic personality. But the well-crafted disguise he wears, the one that helps him score on and off the field, hides secrets. Conceals lies. Threatens the happiness of everyone around him.
          One chance encounter brings Andi and Drew together, changing their worlds in ways they never thought possible. Unfortunately, what they thought they knew about themselves-and about each other-might just be the biggest lie of all.

           OK, I'm a little embarrassed about blowing up that image to medium size. I wanted the info and synopsis to be together. I ship the book info & synopsis.

          This book was wildly entertaining. I loved the dialogue between the characters and there interaction with each other. That sounds wrong, considering this IS a ROMANCE novel...

          Hormones/the feels were all over the place. I started reading this book after A Magic Dark and Bright, which was pretty good, in a restaurant. I was surrounded my annoying Asian adults... The solution totally was to read a book with a shirtless guy on it. Cuz, shirtless guys fix everything... not...well, maybe. NICK BATEMAN. As said before in a post from the past, MY BAE!
          From the cover, you would expect sex once every few pages, but there wasn't that much sex. The amount of sex scenes was equivalent to a teenage fantasy book.
          When it did get hot, it got HOT. Those scenes were written well, along with the rest of this book. If you want a really quick, fun, good book to snuggle up to, I recommend this book.
          The characters have the right amount of bitchy & snarky with a dash of humor. They were extremely likable and entertaining. You wish they were real and that you were friends with them. GOD, I sound lonely!
          The story is super interesting, great plot/plot development, and pretty good character development. There were some twists here and there that were slightly predictable. I seriously hate Dramatic Irony. I wish I find out stuff along with the character, so I don't shout out nonsense. This happens often and everyone just back away from me...

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you like the book! Honesty, I'm relived there weren't that many sex scenes.

    Cee @ The Mistress Case

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same. There was enough in the book. In my opinion, too much sex distracts the story. Sex is like a mask for a story. The bad story is hidden because readers are distracted with sex. You know what I'm saying?

      Delete
    2. I know what you mean. I notice people tend to rate a contemporary romance (not erotica) five/four stars just because of how hot the sex is. Smut is a not a plot line and it doesn't make up for what a book lacks.

      Delete
  2. LMAO!!!!! Omgsshhhhh, I'm going to read this next. Every time I try, I just stare at the cover and get distracted. LOL! I haven't even read a single page yet! I'm glad there aren't that many sex scenes. Sometimes they can be a little too cheesy.

    Yassss! Nick Bateman, by the way. Drooools.

    Pearl @ AsteriskPearl's Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read this and loved it, it was a cute read

    ReplyDelete