The Return Review

Thank you Alex for the copy and other book goodies. I am forever grateful.
NOTE: I won't be updating as much because I need to prep for regents (in middle school), I have exit projects, many essays to write, ELA HW that just won't quit, and I will be busy sobbing my eyes out watching Boy in the Striped Pajamas.




The Return  (Titan #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Read: Paperback, 335 pages
Publishing: Spencer Hill Press February 16, 2015
          It’s been a year since Seth made the deal with the gods that pledged his life to them. And so far, the jobs they've given him have been violent and bloody–which is kind of all right with him. But now Apollo has something else in mind for Seth. He’s got to play protector while keeping his hands and fingers off, and for someone who really has a problem with restraint, this new assignment might be the most challenging yet.
          Josie has no idea what this crazy hot guy’s deal might be, but it’s a good bet that his arrival means the new life she started after leaving home is about to be thrown into an Olympian-sized blender turned up to puree. Either Josie is going insane or a nightmare straight out of ancient myth is gunning for her.
          But it might be the unlikely attraction simmering between her and the golden-eyed, secret-keeping Seth that may prove to be the most dangerous thing of all.
          Because history has once again been flipped to repeat.

          It's not history that's on repeat, it's JLA's stories that's on repeat. I get why Josie and Alex are very similar, but this book is basically The Covenant series #3-5. In Layman Terms... Sexy Covenant Time.
          I love JLA, BUT, I think I said this before, her writing is really repetitive. Not only is it repetitive, it's very predictable. The writing is hilarious and engaging. But, I was distracted by trying to keep my book in pristine condition. 
          I love Josie, she is such a cute character that's very understanding. She has her flaws and she has her un-flaws... I just wished I got to know more about her. I got to know about her lonely, sad childhood, but I wanted to know more about her history. MORE DETAILS PLEASE! How was it like in school? The people? More on the mother-daughter relationship!
          I think I love Seth even more. In Covenant, he was always sarcastic, witty, dirty, funny, etc. He still is in this book, but readers get to see the other side of him more frequently. He's so cute, sweet, and dirty. I loved learning about his childhood. It was so cute when he and Josie were bonding-talking about his childhood. I know his last name...now I can change my last name....
           Okay...enough SNL gifs.
          As said before, the book is reeeaaaalllyyyyyy predictable. I have a theory that Seth might get killed, but someone will give up something and become mortal. Seth no longer has to do his duty because he died once, so he and that someone can live together until they die. Or, Seth dies and that someone gives up that same thing, so Seth can die in peace, and that someone dies too. History DOES repeat itself...AIDEN AND ALEX!!!!
          Don't get me wrong, I liked this book. It just lacked the JLA Luster, aka humor. I didn't burst out laughing throughout the book. But, I did laugh. I choked on a gummy bear once when I read something dirty in this book. Speaking of dirty moments, there was an adequate amount of dirty moments. There wasn't sex, but there was a lot of cuddling. 
          I'm so happy that The Crew made an appearance in this book.

2 comments:

  1. Wow I can't believe u already read it! You're amazing and I'm excited to read this book! You and I are just worshippers of Jennifer and if you haven't already, you should read her dark elements series.

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's on my endless TBR. I'll get to it soon after I read the books netgalley sent me.

      Delete