The Unearthly Review

The Unearthly (The Unearthly #1) by Laura Thalassa
Read: PDF 296 pages (wow, I can't believe I remembered the pages without checking. THIS IS WHAT A NO-LIFE LOOKS LIKE!)
Publishing: Lavabrook Publishing Group 6/25/13
Genre: Supernatural, YA, Vamps, Romance, Urban-Fantasy
Recommendation: SÍ! No me gusta blogging acentos! The cover is bomb, but totally unrelated to the book! SMH, SMH! 

Summary
          Gabrielle Fiori was declared dead and lost her past. This time, she died and lost her humanity. 
          This all started after enrolling in Peel Academy, an elite supernatural boarding school on the British Isles. In order to continue in the academy, one must go through The Awakening, this process takes place after the person drinks an elixir. This elixir determines what supernatural you are. The elixir doesn't settle with Gabrielle too well. She wakes up in the morgue twelve hours later. She awakens as something the supernatural call wicked, evil, an abomination, etc. The only person that can help Gabrielle is Andre de Leon, who she had the "pleasure" of meeting. Throughout her days, Gabrielle faces: betrayal, a lot of danger, and confusion.

Opinion/Review/Character Analysis/ Miscellaneous 
          That summary SUCKED! Sorry 'bout that! I was looking at the blurb-thing on goodreads and paraphrased/rephrased/the whole shabang
          Anyway, I really enjoyed this book. (Thank you to the holidays for making everyone nice and willing to send books!) This book has been #1 on my TBR list (to-be-read for those who don't know book lingo.) I really enjoyed this book! The story got me hooked on page one. 
          The book was action and suspense packed. The romance made me tear my hair out in frustration. GREAAAAAT..... Andre and Gab both grated on my nerves. They were really reckless and just kinda weird. Andre is just so annoyingly vague about everything. He should just try being honest some time! Girls are okay with honest people! We like to know how you feel, so we won't have to wallow about it later. It also saves you the arguments, tears, broken lamps, etc. Gab should just pick a guy and save the heartbreak and destruction. I really don't know what else to say about her without spoiling the book, so I'll just leave it at that.
          I thought Andre was pretty hot TBH! He's bad, rich, a vamp! That wasn't exactly a spoiler, since it was in the blurb/summary thing on goodreads. Just tell us your feelings! Chicks dig that kind of stuff. Right now I sound so much like a dude, I can't even! Bruh... Next thing you know I buy a PS4, Assassins Creed, Halo, and COD (Call of Duty!)   

No comments:

Post a Comment