These Broken Stars Review

These Broken Stars (Starbound #1) by: Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner
Publishing: Disney Hyperion 12/10/14
Genre: YA, Sci-Fi, Romance, Fantasy, Dystopia, Slight Paranormal themes,  
Recommendation: HELL NAW. The cover is gorgeous!!!! Probably the only thing I liked about this book.
(Caution, this review contains A LOT of Gifs/mild language. Don't know why I'm warning you now, since I've always cursed and never warned you before.....)

The beginning:
 Is boring me! 


And the Female Protagonist is all High and Mighty, spoiled, pampered, little bitch, and partially self-obsessed. I don't care that you're rich and that your dad is Obi-Wan Kenobi. "You're my only hope!" no me gusta Princess Leia
I should've put an Aaron Paul/ Jesse Pinkman Bitch Compilation. Turns out, there's no gif for that. Whaaaat? You kidding me?
P.S. I DON'T WATCH BREAKING BAD, SORRY!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Middle:
Lilac, the main character pulled a Katniss. Hauled/Saved the guy's ass. That scene really did remind me of the Hunger Games.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Character Analysis
Lilac: Became less annoying as the story continued. I wanted her to stay stranded on that planet in the beginning. Seriously, you think you're so above people that you can't be in the same room as a commoner. You're so lucky that he got his phaser set to stun. (Not a phaser!)
Tarver: Became Peeta, SMH...... But he's Jackson-like from Poison Princess. Bug-out bag meet Grab-bag, ya'll are twins! He has potty mouth JUST LIKE ME!!!! I felt bad for him for having to deal with a spoiled brat.


2 comments:

  1. Please watch Breaking Bad. You may have to sacrifice living for a couple of weeks but otherwise you won't regret it. Good review too, I don't think I'll be checking this book out any time soon, or ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try to find a place to watch it ASAP

      Delete